We were given a great tool for making Christ-honoring date nights, this week.
Our church family was blessed on Saturday night of this Veterans Day Weekend by the message of Army Major (and LCCC small group leader, coach, and exemplary discipler) Kevin Bouren’s: “Man Up: Going ALL IN for Jesus.”
In the sermon, Kevin exhorted Christian men (and empowered Christian women) to honor Christ as His soldiers in five biblically fundamental realms of your life: In Your Marriage; In Your Home; In Your Mission; In Your Friendships; In Your Vocation.
Listen to the entire excellent message here.
Following the service, I observed Kevin being asked several times for his list of questions for men to ask their wives on date nights. So, I decided to post them on this blog.
- “When is the last time I led you in such a way that you felt as adorned, pure, and radiantly beautiful as you did on our wedding day?”
- “Are you growing in holiness, purity, and maturity under my current leadership?”
- “What makes you feel that I value you?”
- “Sweetheart, I want to minister to you today, so can you tell me if anything is burdening your heart?”
- “What is God teaching you in your study of His Word?”
Kevin, intent on making his and Adra’s date nights more Christ-centered than “amusement” centered, keeps these five questions on a card in his wallet.
“Amusement,” Kevin observes, is a compound word, comprised of: a meaning “not/without”; and muse meaning “thinking.” How many of our date nights are characterized by “not thinking?!”
Implementing these questions will undoubtedly make our date nights more Christ-honoring than many of our “amusing” options.
Brothers, we are called as soldiers of a Holy Army, commanded by the King of Kings to present our wives to God “in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish” (Eph. 5:27).
Let’s man up!
May your next date night be filled with good, Christ-honoring, life-giving conversation,