Have you ever successfully evaluated something? A job you completed? A team’s performance? How about your small group meetings?
Because regular evaluation leads to improving things that are important to us, here is a simple list of questions to ask after your next small group meeting.
Ask yourself, your spouse, your co-leader, your “Inner Circle” leadership team, or a select member to answer the following:
1. How well did you make known that Jesus is the Center, Leader and Lord of your group?
2. How did you sense the Holy Spirit moving in the group?
3. What does this group value?
4. What stage is this group in?
5. What do we need in order to move to the next stage?
6. How actively is everyone contributing their spiritual gifts and abilities to build up the group?
7. Was the facilitator asking or telling?
8. What challenges did people leave with to work on this week? How will I know if they achieved them?
9. What ministry, outreach, and worship events are on our group calendar this semester?
10. Are there any unresolved conflicts? Should there be (some healthy confrontation)?
11. What other evaluation questions should I be asking about our group?
12. And finally, what is there to celebrate about our group? (If any should be celebrated church-wide on the LC3Celebrations blog, send them to email@example.com!)
Blessings on our groups,