This fall, we will explore some of the most difficult questions about God. This post contains the details!
About the Series
Have you ever ignored people’s difficult questions about God, telling them that they should not ask those questions, or to just have more faith? Maybe you haven’t. But, sadly, those responses are a major reason people cite for leaving the church. That does not need to be!
The God Questions is our six-week sermon series and small group study designed to address the toughest questions head-on.
- Is God real?
- Is the Bible really HIS Word, or just an ancient text?
- Is there really only one way to heaven?
- If God is so good, why is there so much bad in our world?
- Why do evolutionists and creationists disagree so heatedly?
- What happens when I die?
We have the confidence to believe God is big and loving enough to answer all of these, and many more that will surface. We will uncover truth, grow our own faith, and be equipped to answer others’ questions. We will do so all together in sermons and in relationship in small groups. Will you join us?
- Month of August – August is our busy and active month of identifying and equipping new Small Group Leaders. Is God calling you to lead or host a group?
- Sunday, August 27 – The God Questions Small Group Leader Connection and Training – In the Upper Gym, during 2nd service, 10:30AM-12:00PM
- August 26/27 – Small Group signups begin, via small group catalogs in service, signup display in foyer, or church website)
- Saturday, September 9 – LCCC Ministry Summit – An exciting day of equipping for several areas of ministry. 9:00AM-1:00PM. (Includes Apologetics training in preparation for the God Questions, and the Small Group Leader Training makeup session.)
- Week of September 10 – Small Groups Kick Off! – The first two weeks are to get to know each other and set group expectations, dates, and goals.
- September 16/17 – Introduction to the God Questions
- September 23/24 – The God Questions #1
- September 30 – LCCC Membership Class, 9:00AM – 12:45PM
- September 30/Oct. 1 – The God Questions #2
- October 7/8 – The God Questions #3
- October 14/15 – The God Questions #4
- October 21/22 – The God Questions #5
- Oct. 28/29 – The God Questions #6
- November – mid-December – The series finishes six weeks before the fall semester ends, allowing leaders to schedule semester-end activities such as outreach and service projects, worship/communion nights, fun nights, planning for next semester, Thanksgiving Dinner, and a finale Christmas Party!
Books and DVDs
Small group leaders can pick up their group’s books and DVD beginning at the God Questions SG Leader Training on Sunday, August 27. Small group members can get their books as they join a group, starting August 26/27. Children’s and youth small groups will do this series, too, adding to the family experience!
How to Join a Group
Beginning on August 26/27, we will pass out the “small group catalogs” in the worship services, have a signup display in the foyer, and update the online “Group Finder” on lc3.com/connect/small-groups.
I am looking forward to all this fall holds for us, and praying for it now!
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” – 2 Peter 3:18
One thought on “Our Fall 2017 Series: The God Questions”
Pingback: Apologetics NOT? When to Defend and When to Proclaim | LC3 Life Blog