Hopefully you received Pastor Jim’s Christmas offering letter in the mail last week, which presents (no pun intended) an opportunity to further LCCC’s Kingdom work and our personal growth through sacrificial giving. This offering will go towards three very special ministry areas, and is devoted to nothing less than the glory of God. “…so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God” (2 Cor. 4:15).
The pastors and elders have agreed to lead the way in sacrificial giving; we know we’ll be blessed. We want to ask you to lead that way with us; and join in the blessings from sacrifice. (Matt 19:29) And, will you pass that challenge on to your small group? Lead your group in one of the most Christlike actions – giving. (Phil. 2:6-11) (2 Cor. 8 & 9)
If you haven’t taken LCCC’s family survey yet, please take just a few minutes to do so. Your input will greatly assist the developments in family ministry at LCCC! Take the survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RB6KLJQ
JBC CONFERENCE TRIP
Pastor Jim tries to take a group from LCCC to this conference every year. This year we are paying for the small group leaders and assistants to come – a great investment in our church. And a fun time for all who go! We would LOVE if you could come. Find the details on our online community website’s home page. The deadline for hotel reservations is January 3. Please let me know very soon if you’re considering it? In fact, shoot me an email right now if you’re at least considering, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHS CHALLENGE for TILLICUM
Several of you are aware of the national competition for a community renewal grant from AHA and Habitat for Humanity. http://www.ahschallenge.com/ Our own Tillicum is in a dramatic battle to win, and we can help by clicking some buttons! There is screaming pressure coming from the Columbus, Ohio project! Many in the LCCC family are already voting daily, but we need more! Catch the fever and vote daily here http://www.ahschallenge.com/Participants.aspx (Sort by # of votes – we should be on top.) Only 45 days left!
GREAT COMMISSION-FOCUSED WINTER
By the providence of God, LCCC will experience a number of exciting Great Commission oriented moments this winter, making disciples by every means possible. Here is a bullet point list of what to expect and plan with your small groups.
- December 26 – Commissioning of Bobbi Bails on a 6 month mission to tour with a Ugandan Children’s Choir
- January 1/2 – Commissioning our Moscow Stuff-a-Stocking Team
- January 8/9 – Small Group Leader Training; and Guest SIM Missionary Kendrick Lau and family will be giving a brief update on Niger, and speaking to our children and youth and possibly any interested small groups.
- January 15/16 – Small Group Connection event; and official Winter/Spring Semester Small Group Kick Off!
- January 17-19 – JBC Prayer Conference Trip!
- January 28-29 – David and Kelli Pritchard Marriage Conference; the Pritchards are also leading two Sunday morning parenting workshops in January, dates still TBD. These are GREAT opportunities for the parents and families of your small groups whom you are discipling.
- January 22/23 – New Leader Orientation; heavy promotion of Howie Brant Missions Weekend (Feb 12/13)
- February 4 – MOPS Auction
- February 12/13 – “40 Years of Purpose” Missions Weekend with Howie and Jo Brant. Starts Saturday with Morning Manna in the morning, and Family Missions Presentation and dinner or dessert on Saturday night. Continues Sunday with various events. Also, commissioning of Niger Mission Team this weekend.
- February 19 – Membership 101 Class; …also, Ministry Class 301 is being scheduled for either February or March
- March – Concert of Prayer with full report from Moscow and Niger Missions Teams, date TBD
Whew, so many opportunities to grow our small groups in discipleship of every kind. And I’m sure I missed something, but thanks for taking the time to begin praying and planning. God bless you as you do. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!