Last night almost every Lake City Small Group was represented at our End-Of-Year Small Group Leader Bowling Party. We celebrated God’s expressions of goodness to LCCC this last year through the generous, faithful ministry of our small group leaders; and had fun doing it! Thank you everyone who came out.
Though we were sorry that not everyone could make the party, everyone can catch what was said and experienced by reading on!
Praying Paul’s prayer of thanksgiving for our leaders: “Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.” (2 Cor. 9:13-14)
A few things we discussed in our short meeting…
B. What’s Upcoming this Fall
1. We will be doing an all-church study again this fall, which is always a unifying, deepening and exciting season for our church. Official details of the study are coming soon!
2. Calendar leading up to fall Kick-Off:
- All of August – Small group leader recruitment
- Sun Aug 7 – Six weeks away from Small Group Kick-Off Week — mark your calendars!
- Sun Aug 28 – Fall Study Info Meeting, during 2nd Service, in the Gym. Get materials and instructions for maximizing this fall.
- Sat/Sun Sept 3/4 – Sign-Ups begin (Small Group Catalogs; Foyer Table; “Group Finder” on http://www.lc3.com)
- Sun Sept 11 – Small Group Connection – An event for all those not in a small group yet.
- Sat Sept 17 – Lake City Leadership Summit – The pinnacle event of the fall preparations. 9AM-1PM, in the Gym and various rooms – Several tracks of training offered for just about every member of LCCC.
- Sun Sept 18 – Official Kick-Off week of Small Group year! (groups meet to get acquainted)
- Sat/Sun Sept 24/25 – Watoto Children’s Choir in all three services (final week for getting plugged into a group and groups to get acquainted before study starts)
- Sat/Sun Oct 1/2 – All-Church Study Begins!
- Sat Oct 8 – Membership 101 Class, 9am-12:30pm, lunch following
3. Lake City Leaders Group
To better equip our leadership, the “Lake City Leaders Group” is in development to begin this fall. This group will provide the following for leaders who wish to grow their skills and be in more contact with other spiritual leaders.
- Vision – Constant, continual vision of where we are going as a church and where our groups can go, not just from the pulpit, but from associating with other church leaders who have done great ministry, have learned the hard lessons, and are currently doing effective and innovative things.
- Training – It’s one thing to be called to do something great for Jesus; it’s another to actually be equipped to be able to do it well and motivated to do it well throughout everything life throws at you over the course of a year.
- Fellowship, Encouragement and Support – By the very nature of spending time with fellow leaders we are naturally encouraged by being able to be ourselves and knowing that others have your back. And we become renewed and readied each week to vibrantly lead our people into the presence of God.
The Leaders Group will meet on Sunday mornings during 2nd Service. Official starting date still TBD. Probably February, 2011.
Now, back to the pictures!…
We should have taken more videos of this night. Oh well, this one is pretty cute. 🙂
Blessings on your homes, everyone!
One thought on “Small Group Leaders Bowling Party Recap (and What’s Upcoming this Fall!)”
Pingback: Top 10 Posts of 2011 « Lake City Small Groups Blog