Are you joining a small group this coming year? Here are a few things you need to know about the upcoming 2013/14 year!
Summer of Coaching
The pivotal season has arrived in our unfolding small group coaching/infrastructure plan. After praying, strategizing and building relationships with leaders, the five coaches will seek one one-on-one meetings with each returning leader this summer, to achieve two purposes: 1.) To hear from them and pray with them; and 2.) To work through the exercise in Small Group Vital Signs #4 – A Healthy Group Has Proactive Leadership, so that 100% of our groups have a clear unique but aligned vision for 2013/14.
Fall Series: “Why Am I Here?”
You are now the first to know the title of this fall’s all-church series! “Why Am I Here?” is going to be a great one; created in-house, for the people and community of LCCC. This direction and title are fresh off the drawing board; so give us a little more time, and we will roll out all the exciting details.
You Are Wanted!
We want you, your children, your neighbors and friends to join a Lake City Small Group this fall. Lake City Small Groups are our best representation of the New Testament Christian community for which Jesus shed His blood to establish. You will engage in great things. You will be cared for, and care for others. You will be on a mission with brothers and sisters.
Here are the important dates:
- August – Small group leader recruiting
- Late August – Small group leader training begins
- Early September – Small group signups begin
- September 14 – Our third annual Ministry Summit (learn more by looking at last year’s details, here)
- Week of September 21/22 – Small Groups officially kickoff
- September 28/29 – “Why Am I Here?”, Part 1
- [October-November] – “Why Am I Here?” continues
- November 16/17 – “Why Am I Here?” Finale
- Week of December 8 – Small Group Fall Semester ends
Finally, also coming soon is the long anticipated “Discipleship Path.” A discipleship path provides an easy answer to every person, in any demographic or life stage, to the question: “How can I grow in Christ at this church?” It ties together all the already excellent things our groups, families, ministries do, into one, clear, aligned path towards connecting and growing in Jesus, together.
Those are your updates. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Blessings on our Church Family,