“Why Am I Here?” It’s not only the most famous and important question of mankind’s history, but also the title of LCCC’s fall all-church series. Below is an email I just sent to our small group leaders, recapping our first big preparation meeting. I want to give the whole church family a peak at the preparations their leaders are making right now. After all, why just keep it to the small group leaders when it involves everyone??
Hi Small Group Leaders and Friends,
We had a great turnout, and I think a great time, on Sunday – 44 veteran and new leaders and curious people.
Our morning included eight parts to get us ready for the fall:
- A short devo on “communion” – in which I mentioned that our little Gabby has trusted Jesus and took communion for her first time Saturday night!! I also urged everyone, again, to lead their groups in communion at least once a semester, for which I’ve given guidelines here – Communion in Small Groups: More than a Good Idea.
- First Round of Prayer – PRAYER FOR US
- A look at the Fall Calendar (attached-Calendar – Fall Sermon Series 2013 – for small group leaders)
- A big picture reminder and way to process our commitment to THE MISSION of making disciples, and how LCCC is growing in that area.
- A walk through our in-house “Why Am I Here?” Study Guide for the fall, which was about 80% finished. I invited all who were present to give feedback on the draft’s content, and have since received some. Thanks, and keep it coming! Our deadline for the final copy is the evening of September 5. The guides will be available for purchase, for $5 each, starting at the MINISTRY SUMMIT (9/14).
- Noted the exciting way we’re doing the “application” steps each week this fall. First, the sermon notes will fit into your series guides each week, for your group’s discussion and application of each sermon’s “Next Steps.” Second, the Faith In Action team is organizing several terrific opportunities for small groups and all LCCC family to reach into the community and/or meet needs within our church. I’m very excited how easy this will make it for our groups to put their faith in action, and even join others as they do.
- A look at some new, useful sections in the updated 2013/14 TOOLKIT; and then a look at a draft of the MINISTRY SUMMIT schedule, which you don’t want to miss, on Saturday September 14! (also attached-ROUGH SCHEDULE – MINISTRY SUMMIT 2013 – 4).
- And finally, the Second Round of Prayer – PRAYER FOR OUR PEOPLE.
I believe God is going to use us all greatly for His purposes and glory this fall. Glad to be in it with you,
P.S. Small Group Sign-ups begin this weekend! The catalogs (list of our groups) will be distributed to everyone, so please take a look to see if we have all the accurate info for you. If you are not pictured, and expect to lead or co-lead a group; plan to come to the MINISTRY SUMMIT, and let’s talk!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lakecitycommunitychurch & www.facebook.com/lakecitysmallgroups
One thought on “How We Prepared for the “Why Am I Here?” Series”
Pingback: Celebrations Report, September, #1 – Preparing for “Why Am I Here?” | lc3celebrations