It is a joy to announce the details of Lake City Community Church’s 2015 fall series. This year promises to be one of joy, healing, comfort and great growth for our community as we focus on God’s assurance in all tough times.
They say everyone is in one of three places: You are experiencing life’s bumps, detours, and collisions right now. You love someone who is. Or, you will be soon! The enemy says, “You will never make it.” But, God’s radically different message is this:
You’ll get through this. It won’t be painless. It won’t be quick. But I will use this mess for good. In the meantime, don’t be foolish or naïve. But don’t despair either. With My help, you’ll get through this.
You’ll Get Through This is an in-depth, life-giving journey through God’s assurance in Genesis 37-50 that you are not alone in turbulent times; nor are these trials meaningless or hopeless.
The series begins on September 26/27, with small groups beginning as early as September 13. Small group signups begin August 29/30.
More details below…especially for our small group and ministry leaders.
- Month of August
- New Small Group Leader discovery and training month. Is God possibly calling you to lead a group?
- Community invitation month: community mailers; local events; invitation cards for us to give out.
- Sunday, August 23 – You’ll Get Through This Leaders Materials Meeting – In the Lower Gym, during 2nd service, 10:50AM-12:20PM
- August 29/30 – Small Group signups begin! (small group catalog, church website, or foyer signup table)
- Saturday, September 12 – LCCC Ministry Summit – An exciting day of equipping for leadership in several areas of church, communities and homes. (9:00AM-1:00PM)
- Week of September 13 – Small Groups Kick Off – First two weeks are getting to know each other, setting goals, small group agreement
- September 26/27 – You’ll Get Through This series begins. #1 – “You’ll Get Through This”
- October 3/4 – #2 – “Down & Out, but Never Alone”
- October 10/11 – #3 – “Stupid Won’t Fix Stupid”
- October 17/18 – #4 – “Is God Good When Life Isn’t?”
- October 24/25 – #5 – “Now, About those Family Scandals & Scoundrels”
- Oct. 31/Nov. 1 – #6 – “God Can Use This for Good”
- November – December 13 – Since the series finishes a few weeks before the fall semester ends, leaders proactively schedule their semester-end activities like worship/communion nights, outreach and service projects, fun nights, planning for next semester, Thanksgiving Dinner, and a finale Christmas Party to end the semester on a joyful note!
Books and DVDs
You’ll Get Through This is an original book written by Max Lucado, based on the Joseph narratives in Genesis 37-50. Lucado went on to create a six-session DVD and hired a husband and wife team to create the study guide. Here is my initial evaluation I sent to Pastor Jim:
I previewed this Max Lucado study this weekend. In short, the study guide is great – truly great. The husband/wife team that put it together put together one of the best products I have ever seen for shepherding/discipling a group both during and outside the meetings. The video sessions are about 23 minutes each, and the groups can choose to play all of it or just excerpts each week. Even though I am not experiencing any major crisis at this moment, as I read through the book I found myself desiring to answer the questions and hear and work through others’ answers with them.
It is true. I really cannot wait to go through this series with my fellow small group members; to journey life’s best and hardest moments together; and to enjoy these meaningful relationships.
Small group leaders can buy their group’s books and DVD beginning at the You’ll Get Through This Materials Meeting on Sunday, August 23. Small group members can get their books as they join a group after signups begin on August 29/30. See calendar above for all important dates.
We are a church of small groups. So, don’t hesitate to join, lead, or coach a Lake City small group or ReEngage group this fall!
Finding rest, in God alone,