If you are reading this, there is a good chance you are considering using the gifts God gave you to build up LCCC through small groups (Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:12).
To that, I say, “Praise God!” He will reward your obedience and bless many people through you.
What does being a Lake City Small Groups Leader include? Here’s the description for this important position:
Lake City Small Group Leader Description
Small Group Leader’s Qualifications:
- Be a member of the church, or be in membership process.
- Attend fall and January trainings.
- Be approved and blessed by small groups pastor and an elder.
Small Group Leader’s Job Description:
(This is what it is going to take to lead a successful small group. Trying to do it with less effort will fail almost every time.)
Time Commitment: A few hours each week of prayer, preparation, group meeting time, and relationship-building time outside the group.
Length of Commitment: Initial semester and/or entire 9 month ministry year.
- Model someone who desires spiritual maturity, commitment, care, and openness.
- Run at least somewhat effective meeting times, getting increasingly better over time.
- Delegate responsibilities to group members so they can use their gifts for the benefit of the group.
- Regularly contact group members between meetings through a mix of calls, emails, cards, coffee, invite for dinner, notes on Facebook, etc. Follow up with absent members to let them know they were missed.
- Multiply leadership. Encourage your growing and faithful members to become helpers in your group right now and leaders of the church in the future.
- Complete the simple reports and surveys requested by small groups pastor.
- Contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-582-8040
- Marking your interest on a Communication Card in the weekend services
- Attending the Aug. 28 “Forgotten God Leader Info & Materials Meeting”
- Attending the Sept. 11 Small Group Connection
- And/or attending the Sept. 17 Lake City Leadership Summit